Origins; The creation of DYE
January 1, 1940
DYE was founded in Durango (Biscay) in 1940 thanks to the creative talent of José Estancona. Its main activity was focused on machine tools: shapers, boring machines, parallel lathes, bridge planes, etc. Success was not long in coming and it became consolidated as a leading company in its sector.
Collaboration between DYE and CASA
October 1, 1980
Casa suggested that DYE keep 5 large machines which it had built for DYE in exchange for providing Casa with work on the machines. These machines began operating in Durango in 1981 and were the embryo of Masa
Founding of MASA
January 1, 1983
MASA was created in Logroño (La Rioja) in 1983 and began its journey in the world of aeronautics, specialising in the manufacture of large aircraft parts.
November 1, 1985
Creation of new facilities at El Sequero Industrial Estate, AGONCILLO (La Rioja)
February 1, 1997
Expansion of plants and incorporation of a new 5-axis GANTRY milling machine with a 104-metre table and 4 bridges each with 3 heads.
Birth of TPA
July 1, 1999
Creation of TPA Tratamiento y Procesos Finales Aeronáuticos (Aeronautical Treatment and Final Processes), a company specialising in finishing parts using surface treatment and painting processes.
October 1, 2001
Establishment of a Centre of Excellence (workshop) specialising in the manufacture of fuselage panels by mechanical machining (3 NC machines and 3 rolling machines)
July 1, 2004
ISO 9001, EN 9100 certified and ISO 14001.
Assembly of subassemblies
July 1, 2010
Integration of sites within MASA for the fitting of basic parts and assembly of subassemblies.
Expansion of TPA
November 1, 2011
Expansion of TPA with a new building and facilities for carrying out new processes (AST, magnetic particles, new paint booths).
January 1, 2015
Construction of a new building for the computerised storage of aeronautical parts. Creation of PREMASA, a company dedicated to the purchase of aeronautical raw materials and preparation of formats
January 29, 2016
Construction of a new Administration building.